Job Role – Assistant Accountant
Location: Central Southampton
Reports to: Finance Manager
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Bonus, Life Cover (4x basic salary), 22 days holiday (rising by one day after each completed year of service to up to a total of 25 days per annum), Perkbox
The role will be to support small finance team with various finance administrative tasks. The need for the role has come up due to company’s growth and the increased workload within the team, therefore the role is on a permanent basis.
The role requires an individual who is happy to work in a small team but is also a confident self-starter. The role would be based in central Southampton, where our operational side of the business is located. Our executive, development, credit and marketing functions are located in London. Successful candidate will be required to travel between offices from time to time.
Bamboo offers friendly and relaxed culture, at the same time maintaining professional attitude in everything we and our staff do. We encourage individual and team achievement and promote and support career progression to fully engage our staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide general administrative support to whole company including, but not limited to:
- Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Operational assistance with purchase invoice processing
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management reports
- Petty Cash Management
- Prepare prepayments and accruals schedules
- Posting of journals and run trial balance
Other ad hoc duties as and when required
Skills and Experience needed:
- AAT qualified or part-qualified (or equivalent);
- Some previous experience in a finance team;
- Self-disciplined and organised;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Confident user of Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Be able to prioritise tasks effectively and work well under pressure;
- Degree qualified
- Experience within financial services sector
Interested in applying or have any questions, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the subject line your full name and position you are applying for.