Job title: Customer Service Agent
Reports to: Servicing Team Leader
Location: Southampton central
Hours: 37.5 hours per week between 8am-8pm Monday to Thursday & 8:30-5pm Friday. Currently 1 x Saturday per month (9am-2pm) & bank holidays dependent on business need
- Bonus Scheme: Dependent on your performance (mainly focused on quality & attitude) plus the business’s performance, you will be enrolled in our quarterly bonus scheme once you’ve successfully passed probation.
- Working Hours: We believe in a work-life balance and the importance of having some you time, we therefore ensure that everyone at Bamboo gets a 5pm finish every Friday
- Holidays: 22 Days Holiday plus bank holidays: Increases with each year of service up to max of 25 days.
- Casual Dress: Wear what makes you comfortable to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Cover for YOU: Life Cover (4x basic salary), Dental Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Pension Scheme.
- Perk Box: 100’s of discounts on well-known brands and lots more.
- Help @ Hand: Access to free GP & counselling support services.
- Referral Program: You can earn up to £500 for each successful colleague referral.
- Career Development: Regular coaching, personal feedback, colleague shadowing and monthly 121’s to identify your progression path and help your career develop at Bamboo.
- Optional Paid Volunteering Time: Join our Charities Committee in supporting our local charities.
- Bamboo Socials: Our Social Committee work hard all year round to provide lots of events including summer parties, quiz nights, team building events, and Summer and Christmas parties
Bamboo is an award-winning loan provider, building our business around helping people with affordable finance. We are passionate about providing first-class customer service which is reflected in our ‘Excellent’ Trustpilot score of 4.9 as well as the many industry awards that we have won. We always strive to do the right thing, with the customer at the forefront of any decisions that we make.
Our amazing Trust Pilot reviews: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/bambooloans.com
As a Customer Service Agent, you will be given the tools and training to provide exceptional service to all customers, ensuring you establish the customers financial and personal circumstances to allow you to provide sustainable repayment strategies based on the customers’ needs, whilst always doing the right thing.
You WILL make a difference at Bamboo – to your customers, your colleagues, and the business. Our success, reputation and customer satisfaction will be a direct reflection of the actions you take, and you’ll be a key part of our dynamic team helping our business to reach new goals and grow. Passion is key!
- Communication: Primarily outbound and inbound calls to customers and some third-party companies (debt management, insolvency firms etc.), however communications are based on our customers’ needs and sometimes include email & SMS
- Managing existing loan accounts: Rehabilitating and collecting payments which also proactively identifying issues, establishing and implementing solutions and answering/actioning any queries
- Tailored support: Confidently helping those in vulnerable situations by providing support and personalised solutions, whilst accommodating for any individual needs. Training for this would be provided, if needed!
Skills and experience needed:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills: Listen, empathise, negotiate, and inspire confidence with our customers allowing us to achieve our ‘one stop’ strategy
- Team player: You can work well alongside others in a lively environment. You are personable, someone we can count on with a good sense of humour, looking to make your colleagues your ‘Bamboo family’
- Enthusiasm: You will have an awesome attitude, genuinely care about helping others and be passionate about delivering service that will leave our customers with one less thing to worry about
- Development: You will be eager to receive regular feedback to assist in the growth of your career, and are motivated by your own development, looking for new opportunities to learn, and contribute wider than your role
- Computer/systems knowledge: You will confidently know the basics and be excited to use our brand- new Servicing platform. Custom built over 1 year by experts within our industry, we’ll provide you with the state-of-the-art tools to do your job excellently
- Customer service: You will be the voice of Bamboo, providing outstanding customer support and leaving a positive lasting impression
- Positivity: You will be a positive and enthusiastic individual with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude and a willingness to embrace and maintain the ‘family feel’ happy workplace we have worked so hard to create. Your happiness is an essential part of any job and we will keep you smiling!
Experience in the financial sector or a regulated environment would be beneficial but is not mandatory for those that wish to apply. We love to see our team progress within our business, so you will receive ongoing training about our industry as well as Bamboo itself, being provided with all the key coaching you need to meet your personal targets and nurture your career.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to Jobs@bambooloans.com. Due to a large number of applicants for this role, if you have not heard from us within 1 week of applying, your application has been unfortunately unsuccessful.