Job Role – Customer Service Representative
Location: Central Southampton
Reports to: Team Leader
Salary: £16,000 – £21,000, depending on experience
Hours: Full-time and part-time positions available
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Bonus, Life Cover (4x basic salary), 22 days holiday (rising by one day after each completed year of service to up to a total of 25 days per annum), Perkbox
This is a contact centre role. The primary activities are making outbound calls to help progress applications made for credit or taking Inbound calls from applicants.
As a key member of a dynamic team, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) will likely have sales, customer service or contact centre experience and possess a competitive edge in a fast-paced target driven environment.
As a CSR you will be contacting customers that have started a loan application online. Throughout the customer journey, there are times when our customers may need help to move onto the next stage of their application, namely applicants and their guarantors. It will be the responsibility of the CSR to assist them in this process by offering exceptional customer service in line with service level agreements, treating customers fairly and according to FCA guidelines.
You will also be expected to support other areas of the business by assisting customers who have recently taken out loans with us, ensuring their repayment dates are set at a convenient time, soliciting customers who are coming to the end/ are at the end of their loan to reapply and assisting customers in making their final payments.
ASA’s contribute significantly to the day to day running of the business and ensure the culture is one of hard work, professionalism and fun.
Key Results Areas:
- To maximise performance, with specific emphasis on developing long term client relationships in high volume consumer credit lending.
- To exceed productivity targets of customer contacts on the phone and by email.
- To achieve a minimum quality and compliance measure across all forms of correspondence.
- To provide services directly to customers from various channels; via broker, introducer networks, aggregator sites and direct leads.
- To support the Customer service representatives to generate quality volumes necessary for the success of the Company.
- To meet the day to day key performance indicators and provide evidence for monthly one to one meetings.
- To alert the Team Leader of any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence, and problems whether actual or potential, concerning the brand, the reputation, the sales performance, the financing plans, the budgets and any other matter of a financial nature or which could or does have a financial implication or reputational risk.
Frequent and on-going communication with:
- Potential and existing clients
- Customer Service Representatives
- The underwriting team
- The collections team
- Third parties
- To provide exceptional service to our customers, both internal and external conforming to legal and statutory requirements
- To deal with customer enquiries efficiently and effectively in line with departmental service level agreements and targets
- To document all customer contact ensuring customer accounts reflect agreed actions
- Monitoring cases and providing updates where necessary
- To keep abreast of all FCA guidelines and ensure that the principles of Treating Customers Fairly are adhered to
- Strong objection handling skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building and empathy skills
- A confident, self-motivated individual with strong business and organisational skills
- Ability to excel under pressure and when working to tight deadlines, yet capable of demonstrating initiative, producing results and making sound decisions
- Committed to continuing professional and personal development of self and others
- Unquestionable integrity
- Flexibility & efficient learning skills to support the business’ needs
- Speed of execution – the ability to act decisively, use sound judgement and move the business with pace towards its goals
- Team player able to build highly effective relationships 360 degrees
- Understanding of FCA regulations, Anti-Money Laundering Rules, ISA Rules, Data Protection and Treating Customers Fairly
- Previous Customer Service Experience in Financial Service and particularly unsecured lending
- Computer literacy, specifically MS applications and CRM tools
Interested in applying or have any questions, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the subject line your full name and position you are applying for.