Job Title: Servicing – Customer Account Manager
Location: Southampton, and travel as required to fulfil the role
Reports to: Servicing Team Leader
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Working shifts from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday and Saturday’s 9 am to 2 pm. Some bank holidays are included. As the business grows, these hours may change
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Bonus, Life Cover (4x basic salary), 22 days holiday (rising by one day after each completed year of service to up to a total of 25 days per annum), Perkbox
Bamboo is a young, fast-growing alternative lender with a 100 plus strong team. We are proud of our financially inclusive range of products for our diverse customer base. Since opening for business in 2014 we have doubled in size every year, won industry recognition, and achieved excellent Trust Pilot customer ratings which we are very proud of.
The Bamboo culture is the heart of our business, we actively promote and encourage a family and team ethos amongst all of our colleagues and peers, no matter what your status is within the company. We often arrange social events such as summer barbecues, quiz nights, team-building events and Christmas balls, so that everyone in the business can get to know their colleagues,
Our aim is to invite the best people to be a part of our growing team, to fit in with our friendly and relaxed culture and to provide you with everything you need to grow with us as we explore and expand into new adventures. This role would be based in central Southampton, where our operational side of the business is located. Our executive, development, credit, and marketing functions are located in London.
Our success is based on entrepreneurial leadership, our strong credit strategy and proven analytics and the technology platform developed in-house by our own software engineers. We have the support of market-leading entrepreneurs, whose success includes building Credit One Bank, the 8th largest credit card issuer in the US and a global investment bank.
We are always expanding our fintech to ensure we provide our team with the best possible tools to do their jobs. We are always looking for ways to improve, from creating a flexible CRM system to manage our accounts specifically created for our needs and procedures, to using the best-integrated telephony system to efficiently contact our customers.
A key team member, the Customer Account Manager is directly responsible for the rehabilitation and collection of payments, in line with company policies and procedures when customers are both up to date and in arrears. Our mission statement is to always do the right thing, with the customer at the forefront of any decisions that we make.
The individual must work to understand the customer’s financial and personal circumstances in order to build a relationship with them and tailor an affordable, acceptable, and sustainable repayment strategy based on the customer’s needs. You will need strong negotiation skills which are delivered with empathy and also the ability to overcome objections.
At Bamboo we take customer service very seriously and strive to stand out from our peers and competitors, so whilst the role is primarily a collections role, the individual is expected to apply their collection skill-set with a customer servicing focus, from time to time undertaking pro-active contact campaigns for up to date customers, or carrying out non-collections specific account management.
The role has a direct impact on our success, reputation and compliance of the business, the individual will therefore be expected to meet the team and individual goals including adherence to Servicing, Collections and Compliance policies. The individual is expected to contribute significantly to the day to day running of the business and to help influence policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve monthly targets working within clear commercial guidelines i.e. Compliance and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Comply with all relevant legislation i.e. Data Protection Act, Consumer Credit Act, Administration of Justice Act, Financial Conduct Authority etc.
- Responsible for own development and ensuring time is taken to learn company policies and procedures.
- Attendance at internal and external training courses to further career development.
- Provide training and coaching to new and/or less experienced Individuals.
- Identify and progress opportunities to improve operational processes within own business area and the wider operation.
- To actively support and embrace change.
- Manage existing customer loan accounts on an ongoing basis, proactively identifying potential issues/problems and recommending/implementing solutions.
- Liaise with all customers including those up to date, for general maintenance of an account and for the collection/arrangement of outstanding payments.
- Maintain the highest quality of customer service through communication and negotiation, using appropriate methods and tools available to facilitate the rehabilitation of customer’s accounts
- Take ownership and accountability when making business and customer orientated decisions whilst ensuring Treating Customers Fairly principles are maintained and exceeded.
- To work with customers and understand their financial and personal circumstances so that a suitable and affordable payment arrangement can be agreed
- Support the generation of Management Information and reports
- Identifying potential customer vulnerability or potential detriment and acting pro-actively to help
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to listen, empathise, negotiate and inspire confidence
- Ability to excel under pressure and when working to tight deadlines
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Time Management skills
- Understanding regulations (CCA), money laundering rules, data protection and treating customers fairly.
- Proven track record in collections
- Financial Services Experience
- Knowledge of the consumer credit industry
- User Acceptance Testing experience
- Process design
- Training delivery
- Risk Management and Control design experience
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to Jobs@bambooloans.com.
Due to a large number of applicants for this role, if you have not heard from us within 1 week of applying, your application has been unfortunately unsuccessful.