Job Title: Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst (FP&A) – Full time
Location: London, Waterloo area
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Bamboo is a young, fast-growing alternative lender with a 100 plus strong team. We have been growing extremely fast since 2014 thanks to entrepreneurial leadership, high-calibre people, solid proprietary technology and the right business strategy. We pride ourselves in our superb customer service that has earned us a few industry-recognised awards and helped to achieve excellent Trust Pilot customer ratings.
Our success is based on entrepreneurial leadership, our strong credit strategy and proven analytics and the technology platform developed in-house by our own software engineers. We have the support of serial entrepreneurs, whose success includes building Credit One Bank, the 8th largest credit card issuer in the US and a global investment bank.
To continue growing and developing our business, Bamboo is building out its team of credit industry professionals with high calibre individuals. We are looking for like-minded professionals to accelerate their career development in a collegiate and rewarding environment.
Bamboo offers a friendly and relaxed culture, at the same time maintaining a professional attitude in everything we and our staff do. We encourage individual and team achievement and promote and support career progression to fully engage our staff.
Our London office houses executive, development, credit and marketing functions and our operations team is situated in Southampton.
The role would be broad and diverse in scope and would suit an individual ready to be challenged to take ownership of key areas of the business. For the right person, this role would expand over time to provide exciting career progression prospects.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this is an opportunity to make a lasting impact and liaise directly with senior stakeholders in the business.
Key responsibilities working with the CFO:
- Continued build, roll out of company-wide budgeting and forecasting
- Developing and monitoring business KPIs
- Identifying and providing decision support to critical initiatives that maximise growth
- Continually improving key FP&A controls and processes
- Financial modelling,
- Profitability analysis,
- Cash flow modelling,
- Securitisation modelling,
- Corporate finance modelling,
- Ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Support the finance team in providing financial reporting and planning including information provided to debt funders and the Board.
- Build relationships with relevant stakeholders to help ensure information is accurately reflected and provides insight into future initiatives and strategic direction of the company.
- Assist with the production of weekly and monthly management information and ad hoc analysis, enabling stakeholders to monitor performance and risks and make informed decisions.
- Assisting in the annual budget process and monthly forecasting process, including contributing to the production of required analysis and associated presentation packs.
- Present and communicate management information to both finance and non-finance teams.
- Support the year-end processes as required including, but not limited to, audit engagement and financial statements disclosure in accordance with FRS102 and IFRS9.
- Ideally, a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with demonstrable, relevant post qualified experience, within a fast-growth start-up financial services business or consumer finance provider or a highly experienced Financial Analyst with a depth of experience in these types of businesses.
- Strong financial modelling and analysis skills with advanced Excel.
- Capable of advising, challenging and influencing key stakeholders.
- Capable of working independently and being proactive in your approach to work.
- Ideally experience of using SQL or the aptitude and drive to learn it on the job with assistance from Bamboo colleagues.
- Competitive base salary for the right person
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health & dental insurance, Life Assurance, Perkbox, cycle-to-work scheme etc.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to Jobs@bambooloans.com.
Due to a large number of applicants for this role, if you have not heard from us within 1 week of applying, your application has been unfortunately unsuccessful.