Job Title: Head of Reporting and Performance Analysis – Full time
Location: London, Waterloo area
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Bamboo is a young, fast-growing alternative lender with a 100 plus strong team. We have been growing extremely fast since 2014 thanks to entrepreneurial leadership, high-calibre people, solid proprietary technology and right business strategy. We pride ourselves in our superb customer service that has earned us a few industry-recognised awards and helped to achieve excellent Trust Pilot customer ratings.
Our success is based on entrepreneurial leadership, our strong credit strategy and proven analytics and the technology platform developed in-house by our own software engineers. We have the support of serial entrepreneurs, whose success includes building Credit One Bank, the 8th largest credit card issuer in the US and a global investment bank.
To continue growing and developing our business, Bamboo is building out its team of credit industry professionals with high calibre individuals. We are looking for like-minded professionals to accelerate their career development in a collegiate and rewarding environment.
Bamboo offers a friendly and relaxed culture, at the same time maintaining professional attitude in everything we and our staff do. We encourage individual and team achievement and promote and support career progression to fully engage our staff.
Our London office houses executive, development, credit and marketing functions and our operations team is situated in Southampton.
This role would be based in Southwark in London (with some flexibility of working from home) with travel to Southampton at least once a week, where most of the Finance team is.
Bamboo has an existing Finance team of seven led by the CFO. The Finance team is responsible for a broad range of activities including managing the day to day financial loan administration activities of its outsourced servicer and for its in-house servicing operation, all accounting and payments including ledger maintenance, production of all financial and management information and production of ad hoc reporting and loan portfolio analysis as required. This is a senior role within the Bamboo Finance team with the successful candidate deputising for the CFO where required. This represents a great opportunity for the role holder to grow and develop in a dynamic and exciting environment alongside a highly effective and experienced senior management team.
- To manage a team of two responsible for all ledger accounting, management and financial reporting (one of whom manages a financial operations team of four).
- To manage the production of all reporting including:
- monthly financials
- regulatory reporting
- monthly reporting to bank lenders
- quarterly board reporting
- annual statutory reporting and auditor liaison
- cash flow forecasting
- To enhance the analytical capability of the team by developing and enhancing the quality of reporting increasing insight and effectiveness.
- To review, maintain and improve financial internal control and process efficiency.
- To undertake ad hoc portfolio and financial analysis as required.
- To assist in the execution of effective forecasting and budgeting processes.
- To add value with commercial insight and delivery on specific commercial issues.
- A qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- A minimum of two years experience working in a consumer lending business.
- Good quality manager with experience in managing and developing teams and continually enhancing their performance.
- Effective communicator and presenter and good relationship builder.
- Deeply analytical, strong commercial acumen and the ability to make a constructive challenge.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Competitive base salary for the right person
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health & dental insurance, Life Assurance, Perkbox, cycle-to-work scheme etc.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to Jobs@bambooloans.com.
Due to a large number of applicants for this role, if you have not heard from us within 1 week of applying, your application has been unfortunately unsuccessful.