Job Title: Product, Pricing & Growth Analyst (Credit) – Full time
Location: London, Waterloo area
Reports to: Product Strategy Manager (Credit), with regular exposure to Chief Commercial Officer
Bamboo is a young, fast-growing alternative lender with a 100 plus strong team. We have been growing extremely fast since 2014 thanks to entrepreneurial leadership, high-calibre people, solid proprietary technology and right business strategy. We pride ourselves in our superb customer service that has earned us a few industry-recognised awards and helped to achieve excellent Trust Pilot customer ratings.
Our success is based on entrepreneurial leadership, our strong credit strategy and proven analytics and the technology platform developed in-house by our own software engineers. We have the support of serial entrepreneurs, whose success includes building Credit One Bank, the 8th largest credit card issuer in the US and a global investment bank.
To continue growing and developing our business, Bamboo is building out its team of credit industry professionals with high calibre individuals. We are looking for like-minded professionals to accelerate their career development in a collegiate and rewarding environment.
Bamboo offers a friendly and relaxed culture, at the same time maintaining professional attitude in everything we and our staff do. We encourage individual and team achievement and promote and support career progression to fully engage our staff.
Our London office houses executive, development, credit and marketing functions and our operations team is situated in Southampton.
The role would be broad and diverse in scope and can be tailored for the right candidate.
Below is a rough indication of what we are looking for.
- Financial modelling/valuations – help ensure that we make lending decisions in the best way for our customers and shareholders:
- Monitoring & and updating the financial model
- Suggesting and defining improvements to credit policy/decisioning
- Pricing – figure out our optimal strategies:
- Seeding & analysing pricing experiments
- Response & price sensitivity modelling
- Ad hoc credit and marketing analysis to support profitable growth
- Engage with the Development / IT team to define and implement changes to drive business strategy
Key stakeholders would include colleagues from the Credit/Commercial team, CCO, CEO, Data Science, Development / IT, Marketing, and Compliance.
- Degree with a quantitative component OR relevant commercial experience
- Right to work in the UK without requiring visa sponsorship
Nice to have:
- Analytical experience in personal loans, credit cards, or similar
Knowledge & skills:
- Financial modelling/valuations: you know what NPV, IRR and CTA stand for
- Statistics: confidence intervals, p-values and logistic regression don’t scare you away
- Good (and willing to get better) at Excel and at least 1 of the following: SQL, SAS, Python
- Integrity and honesty.
- Pragmatic, strong judgement and business sense: need to balance the analysis with getting things done and prioritise what is important
- Ownership and responsibility: you can be trusted with end-to-end analysis or overlooking implementation of strategy changes
- Right attitude, humility and willingness to learn every day
- Competitive base salary for the right person
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health & dental insurance, Life Assurance, Perkbox, cycle-to-work scheme etc.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to Jobs@bambooloans.com.
Due to the large number of applicants for this role, if you have not heard from us within 1 week of applying, your application has been unfortunately unsuccessful.