ShareBack to blog
The Prime Minister has surprised a car dealer by turning up to buy £1,500 used car for his wife Samantha.
Before David Cameron’s visit, showroom owner Iain Harris, 44, received a call from the PM’s security team saying he was interested in a Nissan Micra and wanted to pop in and look at the car. Mr. Harris thought it was one of his mates having a wind-up.
What did the Prime Minister look for when buying the used car?
- He was keen to ensure he was buying a British-made vehicle.
- He spent about half an hour kicking the tyres and examining the car.
- The Tory leader said the blue car was “just the right colour”.
- He asked his security detail to stand behind the car to make sure the back brake lights worked.
Mr. Harris added: “It was a bit surreal, but likewise he was just a normal chap buying a car for his wife, a normal conversation, normal sort of deal and that was it.”
Would you buy a second-hand car?
If you are looking to buy a used car, remember, don’t give away the maximum amount you’re willing to spend on the new set of wheels. And if you are considering to borrow to pay for your new car, make sure you have read these 9 things to consider when buying a used car through a personal loan before you apply for car finance.
- Author Antonietta Gonzalez
- Posted 24 May 2016