Job Role – Head of Servicing
Location: Central Southampton with travel to London and Caerphilly and other travel as required to fulfil the role
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Working shifts from 08:00 – 20:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 – 12:00 Saturdays. Some bank holidays are included. As the business grows, these hours may change)
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Income Insurance, Bonus, Life Cover (4x basic salary), 25 days holiday, Perkbox
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this is a newly created role that will play a critical part in the development of an in-house Servicing and Collection function, alongside intensive oversight of our Outsourced operation. This role will assume day to day responsibility for the build and the subsequent operational leadership of the in-house capability. This will include staff recruitment, Policy / Procedure and Control Framework completion, and the adoption of new technology. In addition, the candidate will lead to establishing the Bamboo culture of customer service, creating a deep passion for always doing the right thing for our customers.
This role will lead on the development of the collections strategy, including portfolio segmentation and enhanced use of data/analytics and digital strategies to drive optimal recovery rates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Running the servicing function/s
- Operational leadership of the in-house servicing & collections department
- Develop the function to ensure an exceptional level of service is consistently provided, offering excellent support, in a cost-effective manner
- Intrusive oversight and strategic alignment of our outsourced loan servicing and collections, portfolio of XX,XXX loans (unsecured and guarantor)
- Accountable for ensuring the management of operating costs and appropriate staffing levels in line with policy and budget
- Drive results
- Lead a team which manages customers through the whole loan life cycle, focused on ensuring fair outcomes for customers
- Responsible for the collection of our full product range (unsecured and guarantor loans).
- Responsible for the development, monitoring and reporting of collections strategies, ensuring the collections risk segmentation and models are fit for purpose and operating effectively
- Business owner of the Equiniti platform to include ownership of change prioritisation
- Responsible for employee motivation, performance, engagement, retention, recruitment, training and development
- Responsible for meeting agreed customer experience measures including Quality Assurance expectations
- Responsible for stakeholder management and key business relationships
- Responsible for developing and implementing a Continuous Improvement plan, and managing change
- Responsible for identifying and acting upon any trends or problems.
- Governance and Risk Management
- Accountable for departmental adherence to Regulation and the Credit Risk, Company Risk and Information Security policies
- Accountable for the delivery of all operational governance, controls and SLAs
- Responsible for the departments business continuity plan, plus the regular testing of the plan.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Experience in leading a service led Collections team
- Comprehensive experience of regulated consumer credit agreements
- Expert knowledge of Collections financial measures and the drivers behind them
- Proven experience of managing digital Collections strategies, alongside more traditional forms of customer engagement
- Expert in analysing performance, identifying trends, and implementing solutions
- Expert knowledge of inbound and outbound contact centres, utilising multi-channel contact methods
- Proven track record of project/change management and process improvement, ideally with prior build/launch experience
- Proven experience of driving employee engagement, development and empowerment
- Passionate customer advocate with a proven track record of implementing best in class customer experience.
- Budget and resource management skills, within a multi-shift environment
- Strong stakeholder management
- Strong presentation, negotiation and communications skills
Interested in applying or have any questions, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the subject line your full name and position you are applying for.