Job Role – Customer Account Manager
Location: Southampton. London & other travel as required to fulfil the role
Reports to: Collections Team Leader
Salary: £22,000 – £28,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Working shifts from 08:00 – 20:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 – 12:00 Saturdays. Some bank holidays are included. As the business grows, these hours may change
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Bonus, Life Cover (4x basic salary), 22 days holiday (rising by one day after each completed year of service to up to a total of 25 days per annum), Perkbox
A key team member, the Customer Account Manager is directly responsible for the rehabilitation and collection of payments, in line with Company policies and procedures when customers are in arrears.
The individual must work to understand the customer’s financial and personal circumstances in order to build a relationship and which results in an affordable, acceptable and sustainable repayment strategy. Strong negotiation skills delivered with empathy and the ability to overcome objections are key attributes. At Bamboo we take customer service seriously and strive to stand out from our peers and competitors, so whilst the role is primarily a collections role, the individual is expected to apply their collection skill-set with a customer service focus, from time to time undertaking pro-active contact campaigns for up to date customers, or carrying out non-collections specific account management.
The role has a direct impact on the success, reputation and compliance of the business, the individual will, therefore, be expected to meet team and individual goals including adherence to Collections and Compliance policies. The individual is expected to contribute significantly to the day to day running of the business, and to help influence policies and procedures.
The culture is a friendly one, relaxed but professional, and encourages individual and team achievement and career progression.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve monthly targets working within clear commercial guidelines i.e. Compliance and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Comply with all relevant legislation i.e. Data Protection Act, Consumer Credit Act, Administration of Justice Act, Financial Conduct Authority etc.
- Responsible for own development and ensuring time is taken to learn company policies and procedures.
- Attendance at internal and external training courses to further career development.
- Provide training and coaching to new and/or less experienced Individuals.
- Identify and progress opportunities to improve operational processes within own business area and the wider operation.
- To actively support and embrace change.
- Manage existing customer loan accounts on an ongoing basis, proactively identifying potential issues/problems and recommending/implementing solutions.
- Liaise with all customers including those up to date – for the collection of outstanding payments.
- Maintain the highest quality of customer service through communication and negotiation, using appropriate methods and tools available to facilitate the rehabilitation of customer’s accounts
- Take ownership and accountability when making business and customer orientated decisions whilst ensuring Treating Customers Fairly principles are maintained and exceeded.
- To work with customers and understand their financial and personal circumstances so that a suitable and affordable payment arrangement can be agreed
- Support the generation of Management Information and reports
- Identifying potential customer vulnerability or potential detriment and acting pro-actively to help
Skills and Experience needed:
- Understanding regulations (CCA), money laundering rules, data protection and treating customers fairly.
- Proven track record in collections
- Financial Services Experience
- Knowledge of the consumer credit industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to listen, empathise, negotiate and inspire confidence
- Ability to excel under pressure and when working to tight deadlines
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Time Management skills
- User Acceptance Testing experience
- Process design
- Training delivery
- Risk Management and Control design experience
Interested in applying or have any questions, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the subject line your full name and position you are applying for.