The UKs Fraud Prevention Service Organisations offering emotional support and practical help

Emotional Support Organisations

Emotional support can come from different kinds of people at different times; sometimes the best support can be a friendly gesture, someone there to listen, or a friend’s practical help.

However, in some situations, professional support may be the best option to help you get through a tough time. Here are a few organisations that can offer emotional support and practical help.

Victim Support

If you have experienced fraud, you can contact the charity Victim Support for free and confidential support to help you move forward. Victim Support is the independent charity for people affected by crime across England and Wales.

Victim Support’s specially trained staff and volunteers will provide you with emotional and practical support that is tailored to your needs. All support is free, confidential and will continue for as long as you need.


Supportline: 0808 16 89 111

Victim and Witness Information

Government website giving information on where you can find support services local to your area. Information on the criminal justice system and what you can expect.


Information line: 0808 168 9293

Citizens Advice

Provides you with free, independent, confidential and impartial advice on rights and responsibilities; including legal and civil rights, debit and money advice and consumer advice.

Citizens Advice also operate the Witness Service in all crown and magistrates courts in England and Wales.

To find your local brand visit the website.


Witness Service: 0300 332 1000


Samaritans provides emotional support for anyone who is feeling overwhelmed – you don’t have to be suicidal. Whatever you’re going through, you can call in confidence for FREE any time from any phone. This number works from mobiles without credit and does not show up on phone bills. We listen, without judging. Or you can email or go to the website to find details of your nearest branch, where you can speak to trained volunteers face to face.


Free to call on: 116 123


Age UK

Provides you with advice and information on a range of relevant topics including your money concerns, health and wellbeing, and care. Website also has useful information on how you can spot scams and fraud.

To find a local branch visit the website.


Advice line: 0800 678 1174

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

TPAS offer free and impartial personal guidance for workplace and personal pensions. They can talk you through some of the things you might want to think about, and possible implications of the decisions you make.


Telephone: 0800 011 3797

Financial Service Compensation Scheme

FSCS deals with your compensation claims when financial firms go out of business. The FSCS may only compensate protected types of claim. If the defaulting firm generated protected claims, e.g. from unsuitable advice on investments, the FSCS could compensate you, provided all relevant criteria are met. The FCA has been working with the FSCS to assist the FSCS in determining whether any LCF investors may have protected claims which are capable of receiving compensation under the scheme. You should visit the FSCS website. The FSCS is an independent body and do not charge you for using their service.


Telephone: 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100

Pension Wise

Free and impartial government guidance about your pension options.


Telephone: 0800 138 3944 for a free appointment

the Money Advice Service

Free and impartial money advice, set up by government. This services advises you on improving finances, with tools and calculators to assist in planning. Support is provided to you over the phone or online.


Telephone: 0800 138 7777

National Debtline

National Debtline provides free advice and resources to help people deal with their debts. Their service is available over the phone, through their website and via webchat. National Debtline helps people understand their options and take control of their debts.


Telephone: 0808 808 4000


Provides consumer advice and information on your pensions.



Emotional Support Organisations